Contact Us Today 972-961-3095

Family Immigration Attorney in Richardson and Allen, TX

Family immigration

Shahzad Khan has also represents individuals and families as it relates to Family-Based Immigration.  He provides counsel and guidance on all aspects of Family-Based Immigration and Naturalization, including Green Card (Permanent Residency), Fiancé visas, Deferred Action, Asylum, and Naturalization.  

He is the product of immigrant parents, and his wife is a naturalized U.S. citizen. Shahzad Khan is an advocate of family reunification and believes that it should continue to be the cornerstone of our immigration system for decades to come.

Attorney Khan understands the difficulties and challenges faced by immigrants and can provide the experienced guidance as to their rights, duties, and obligations with compassion and integrity.  Please feel free to call to schedule a consultation.

  • Permanent Residency
  • Consular Processing
  • US Citizenship
  • National Interest Waivers
  • Waivers of Inadmissibility
  • Asylum
  • Temporary Protected Status
  • U visas

The Importance of Family Immigration

Family-based immigration can have a positive and beneficial impact on communities all over the country. Extended immigrant families facilitate the economic assimilation of new immigrants that, by having the support and close presence of their loved ones nearby, tend to thrive in their new environment. This can have an impact on community improvement and business development.

Studies have shown that immigrants who enter this country accompanied by their families tend to have higher earnings growth and can climb up the socioeconomic ladder with a much more solid footing. Even siblings of American citizens who immigrate under a family visa category tend to enjoy high earnings growth throughout their employment lifespan.

Types of Visas for Family Immigration

There are several visas available to people who want their family members to join them in this country. Attorney Shahzad Khan can guide you through the options that fit your case of family-based immigration and help you apply for visas such as:

  • K-1 Fiancé Visas – These visas allow applicants to stay in the U. S. for up to 90 days to marry an American citizen and apply for permanent residency.
  • K-2 Visas – Granted to children of individuals who received K-1 visas.
  • K-3 Visas – For people who are already married to a U. S. citizen, the citizen must then petition for their spouse through Form I-130 and later can receive a permanent residency card.
  • K-4 Visas – These are granted to children under 21 years of age of an individual who has received a K-3 visa.
  • F-1 Visas – For individuals who come into the country with the intent to pursue their studies, their spouses or children receive F-2 visas.

Other visas such as J-1 or L-2 are for people that come as exchange visitors or have been transferred through their employment at an international company. Immigration Attorney Shahzad Khan will guide you through these and other application processes with other visas that may apply to your particular situation.

Visas for Certain Victims of Domestic Violence

The growth and pervasiveness of domestic violence in every country seem to be pandemic. Understanding the magnitude of this problem has led the Federal government to define domestic violence to include physical violence and emotional abuse, isolation, intimidation, economic domination, subjugation, and other horrific acts towards vulnerable individuals. 

Anyone who meets these criteria and has proof that may satisfy immigration services may be granted a U visa which has the potential to help law enforcement officials to prosecute the parties guilty of these very serious offenses. These visas are granted for four years, and an adjustment of status may be applied for at that time.

Help with Your Family-Based Immigration Applications

Family immigration attorney Shahzad Khan is ready to help you with any issue related to family-based immigration. If you are a U. S. citizen or a permanent resident, you could be what your qualifying foreign relatives need to start their immigration process. For this to happen, some criteria must be present:

  • You must be able to show documentation of your legal status as either a citizen or permanent resident — also, proof of your relationship with the applicant.
  • You must prove that your income is 125% above the defined poverty level for your family. If this is not possible, you may join another relative, and both can sponsor your qualifying foreign relative.

Who is a qualifying foreign relative?

If you are a citizen and meet this criterion, the foreign relative must be able to prove that they are your:

  • Minor child under the age of 21
  • Spouse
  • Unmarried child over 21 years old
  • Married son or daughter, regardless of their age.
  • Sibling.
  • Mother or father.

If you are a green card holder, you can only sponsor a spouse or unmarried child of any age.

Different immigration preference categories are depending on the applicant's relationship to you, and in many cases, the immigration process can take years to reach its conclusion. Let attorney Shahzad Khan guide you through your family immigration issues in Richardson and Allen, TX. Set up an initial consultation today.

Other Practice Areas

Employment Immigration
Business Law
Estate Planning

Contact Us Today

Shahzad R.Khan Legal is committed to answering your questions about Family Based and Employment Based immigration, Business Law, and Estate Planning issues in Texas.

We'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.